RULES & REGULATIONS
The rules and regulations at XL Soccer World have been devised with simplicity, continuity, and enjoyment in mind. Apart from some necessary modifications, they are the same as FIFA rules used worldwide in outdoor soccer. The following exceptions apply:
1. All players must sign the XL Soccer World Waiver and be assigned to the team roster with an active membership.
2. Participation at XL Soccer World is entirely at the player’s risk, and we accept no responsibility for any direct or consequential loss, damage, or injury.
3. Teams will consist of five (5) field players plus one (1) goalkeeper – i.e. 6 vs. 6.
4. The minimum number of players to start a game is four (4). A team with insufficient players after five (5) minutes from the scheduled game time will forfeit the game. The referee, at his discretion, may allow additional time for players to arrive. A team with insufficient players may pick up players registered with XL Soccer World, only if agreeable with the opposing team. Any team fielding non-registered players without prior permission from XL Soccer World will be subject to forfeit.
5. Game times will be two (2) twenty-five minute halves. A two (2) minute break will be allowed at half time.
6. All players must wear indoor shoes or sneakers. No molded cleats or studded cleats will be allowed.
7. In case of conflict of uniform color, the home team will be responsible for changing.
8. Only team players and up to three (3) coaches are allowed on the player’s side during the games.
9. Team standings will be based on the following point system:
WIN: TIE: LOSS:
3 points:1 point: 0 points
Ties in standing will be broken by:
a.) Head to head results b.) Most wins c.) Goal differential d.) Most goals scored e.) Least goals scored against
10. Forfeit games will be treated as a 10-0 win/loss.
11. Protests will not be allowed on a referee’s decision. NOTE: The referees at XL Soccer World do the very best they can. Due to the nature of the game, speed of the game, angles, etc., they will miss some calls. It’s inevitable. They do not need any verbal or physical abuse from the players, coaches, or fans. If you wish to report an issue please fill out an incident report at the front desk.
12. Adult coed teams must have two (2) female players on the field at all times or play with one player less on the field than the opposing team. Failure to follow this rule will result in a forfeit loss against the offending team.
1. The home team will kick-off at the start of the game.
2. On kick-off, the ball may be played forward or backward.
3. All kicks, except the kick-off , are direct and may result in a goal.
4. On a free kick or kick-in, the attacking team may take the kick as soon as the ball has been spotted at the correct place on the field.
5. When a free kick, kick-in or a kick-off is being taken, the defending team, without summons from the referee, must take a position at least three (5) yards from the ball.
6. The offside rule is NOT in effect.
7. Field players may not slide tackle. Slide tackling will result in a free kick and a yellow card/two (2) minute penalty against the offending player.
8. Slide tackling is legal by the goalkeeper only and must be initiated from within the penalty area. Outside the penalty box, the goalkeeper becomes an additional field player and may not slide tackle. Violations will result in a yellow card (2 minute penalty) and a free kick for the opposing team from the point of the foul. A field player will be designated by the coach or the team captain to serve the yellow card (2 minute) penalty in place of the goalkeeper.
9. Free substitution is allowed on the fly as the game is in progress. The player must be off the field before the substitute comes on. Infringements will result in a two-minute penalty and a free kick will be given.
10. If the ball gets jammed or lodged between players against the boards, if the game had to be stopped for an injury or if the referee cannot determine possession after a restart, the referee may award a drop ball at his/her discretion.
13. Ball touches the end line netting:
A. Defensive player kicks the ball over the tall boards – results in a free kick from the white dot in the defensive area, for the attacking team.
B. Attacking player kicks the ball over the tall boards on the defending team’s end – results in a goal kick for the defending team.
14. Ball touches the side netting: When a player kicks the ball into the net over the short boards the ball is considered out of play. The team that did not touch the ball last before the ball touched the net will restart the game with a direct kick, to be taken three (3) feet from the boards nearest the point of contact.
15. Ball touches the top netting:
A. Defender kicks the ball to the top netting in the defensive third - results in a direct free kick for the attacking team from the defensive area line of the defending team, at the white dot.
B. Attacking player kicks the ball to the top netting in the offensive third – results in a goal kick for the defending team.
C. Player kicks the ball to the top netting in the middle of the field – results in a direct free kick below the point of contact for the opposing team.
16. Yellow Card/Two (2) minute penalty: A player is cautioned and shown a yellow card and has to leave the field of play for two (2) minutes. The team will play down a player for the entire two (2) minutes. (This also includes players who may be cautioned whilst a substitute). The following offenses could incur a yellow card: (i) Unsporting behavior: slide tackles/slides, boarding, rough play, taunting (by word or action).
(ii) Dissent by word or action. (iii) Persistent Infringements. (iv) Delaying the restart of play / Failing to respect the required distance when restarting.
* Depending on the nature of the foul and the game, the referee can give a player a two (2) minute warning/break allowing the team to substitute.
17. Red Card/Five (5) minute penalty: A player or substitute who is sent off will leave the field of play for the remainder of the game and his/her team will play down a man for five (5) minutes, if s/he commits any of the following offenses: (1) Serious foul play: Violent boarding, tackles from behind with no intention to play the ball, elbows.
(ii) Violent conduct: Fighting, provoking a fight, striking or hitting an opponent with or without an object, spitting at an opponent.
(Hi) Denying the opposing team a goal or clear goal scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball.
(iv) Denying the opposing team a goal or clear goal scoring opportunity by committing an offense that would warrant a free kick or penalty kick.
(v) Receiving two (2) yellow cards.
Red-carded players will not be allowed to play that night in any other league and players may be suspended for the next game. A player receiving two red cards in one season may be suspended for the next season with the possible expulsion from the facility. This decision is under the jurisdiction of the management at XL Soccer World.
The front desk staff are there for the purpose of serving our customers, taking registrations and payments. Any complaints regarding schedules, the result of a game, referees, etc must be taken up with the Office Staff. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to do so.